Feylocks don't get haste

Moderators: DM Symphony, Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Fluffys

Feylocks don't get haste

Post by Fluffys » Tue May 01, 2018 5:17 pm

Is this for all Warlocks? Limited by level, or perhaps purchasable at a later level?
I've purchased enough Warlock feats to get it, but it doesn't appear on my spell list, which is kind of a bummer since, as a Feylock, my character doesn't have any summons, so Haste was one nice spell I was looking forward to have.

If this is the case, can anyone change the Wiki?

Thanks

Fluffys

Re: Feylocks don't get haste

Post by Fluffys » Tue May 01, 2018 11:46 pm

Answering my own question. Haste is gained a level after the one stated on the Wiki.

Mithreas
Arelith Admin (Fixed Level)

Post by Mithreas » Wed May 02, 2018 5:04 am

I think you need to have enough cha for the bonus spell slot.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Fluffys

Post by Fluffys » Wed May 02, 2018 8:39 am

Oh, I had that. Or rather, I had a ring that gave me a casting of a lvl 5 spell and I could metamagic extended spells.
Thing is that I got Mind Fog a 'level' or two before I got Haste, and it should be the other way around. When I purchased warlock lvl 15, it was all ok.

Would this had changed if I had with me a lvl 4 spell-slot ring?

Mithreas

Post by Mithreas » Wed May 02, 2018 8:51 am

Not totally sure (and this may have changed in the main server & hence wiki without being changed in FL). But I don't think you get known spells of a level until you are able to cast a spell of that level (i.e. have >0 spell slots).

Obviously with gear you can cast higher level spells via metamagic etc. even if you don't know any spells of that level. And it sounds like having bonus slots through gear is enough to get you the spell, so a level 3 bard spellslot was what you needed (I think!).
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Fluffys

Post by Fluffys » Wed May 02, 2018 9:05 am

Alright, thanks!

I was going to try buying spell slots for lvl's 1-3, but Haste is already working. :)
All is well.