Warlock lvls

Moderators: DM Symphony, Forum Moderators

Saleph

Warlock lvls

Post by Saleph » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 pm

Howdi!
I have been playing on FL lately, really like the system. I encountered a wierd problem though.
I am Playing a Warlock(7)/PM(1)/Monk(1) Char. And I have, via Trainer, reached Warlock-lvl 21.
I should get the Warlock lvl 20 spells (Summon Creature (5), Magic Circle Against Alignment (3)).
Yet I dont. I dont see them in my spellbook and therefore cant select them (I have an amulet for bardspell4 and one for 5).

Is this a bug? Or a feature?

Thanks for the help!
-Saleph

P.S. Server needs a reset badly.

Mithreas
Arelith Admin (Fixed Level)

Re: Warlock lvls

Post by Mithreas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:11 am

Try logging out and in again. The module on enter code should correct your spell list.

It should have been set directly by the training scripts though, so I'm not 100% sure why it's not working. I assume spells at earlier levels have worked okay for you?
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Saleph

Post by Saleph » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:47 am

Thanks for the quick reply Mith!

Earlier spells all worked a charm.
I already tried relogging. Also: Resting, unequipping cha stuff and spellslot stuff, waiting for a few pings and wandering around.
No change so far.

I had two Ideas:
Is there maybe a warlock lvl max, similar to the totem-lvl? +12 would actually fit exactly to the point where the spells stopped apearing in the spellbook.
Or, do I need an unmodified cha stat of 15 to get the 5th circle spells? Only sporting 14 atm, though heavily buffed by equipment.

P.S. The system behind FL is so friggin awesome!

Mithreas

Post by Mithreas » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:16 am

There is a warlock max level, but it's 24 (total class + bonuses) according to the code. So 21 should work fine.

You would need an unmodified 15 cha for level 5 spells, but the circle 3 spell should still show up and work at that point.

Glad you like the system - I do too :)
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Saleph

Post by Saleph » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:14 am

Hm. On Regulith it is the modified Cha-lvl that counts. For example my cha 10 kobold warlock can cast bulls strength when he wears two cha 1 items or a spellslot item.

Only things I can think of doing atm. is trying to throw another warlock lvl on top, hoping for a reset of my spells. Or maybe a server restart resetting it.

Otherwise im a bit stumped, without looking at the code.

Saleph

Post by Saleph » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Update:
I found out, that I have the spells, not in my spellbook but in my radial menu.
Yet, when I try to cast it tells me: No uses or preparations left for that spell...

Saleph

Post by Saleph » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:29 am

Yeah...okay. You where right :D

I need cha 15 base to cast, and probably to show spells in the spellbook.