Clocking Out

Moderators: DM Symphony, Forum Moderators

Clocking Out

Postby DM Symphony » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:28 am

Nines,

I fixed my car this week, it took quite a bit of time and money, and seems to be successful, though I shouldn't test drive it until I get the Transmission Fluid in the mail and refill my transmission.

However, the cost of getting the right tools and the right parts for the car, along with the amount of time that I've spent taking the car apart and putting it back together has me a bit behind schedule.

Work is ramping up for some expansions to my role in the district (I work for a school district) (I'm probably being promoted again), which would not be a huge hinderance, were it not for being behind by a week of work.

Additionally, I have am leaving this house at the end of the month, and I am now behind on packing/cleaning/searching as well as financially behind on a the prospect of a new living situation in September.

While I could simply rarely be around and make no posts about it, I'd rather not fade away without reason given, as a lot of FL DM's and players have done in the past.

I think it's been a large benefit to my work and to the community that I've been available daily for behind the scenes activity and issue handling, and I don't want my previous precedent to be held as an expectation.

I don't expect to be entirely retiring, though I am not confident that things are going to go smoothly in the coming months.

Fortunately, at present, we do have Mithreas's presence, for issue resolution and reset requests, along with server development, so I am comfortable leaving things entirely in his hands.

I do have a lot of plans for FL, but I feared something like this was coming for a good number of months, and while things would have been easier if I did not have the recent vehicular setback, I've avoided getting into anything major because I didn't want to end up walking away half way through it.

I'll likely be on and off sporadically in the next 2 weeks, before going completely dark for a few weeks following that. It is likely that I will return to some semblance of my former activity in the middle to end of September.
DM Symphony
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Plays as: bs; c#s; ds; es; f#s; and g#s

Re: Clocking Out

Postby GypC » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Good luck with everything. Hope to see you back at some point!
GypC

Postby Stath » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:31 am

Hope everything goes well for you Symph.
Trunx wrote:He already told you. Back step with the S key. This grievous exploit wins all of his PvPs for him. DMs hate him.
Stath

Postby Karris the Anarchist » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:25 am

Good luck and godspeed!
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.
Karris the Anarchist

Plays as: Meridia

Postby MinstrelsWhisper » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:54 am

Explaining why you are taking time out is both impressive and reassurring. As a new player to the server I want to know that there will be a DM to contact occasionally. I can wait till after mid-September for any great developments.

Well done on doing so well in your job.

MW
MinstrelsWhisper

Return to FLT - Fix Level Talk