Optional Permanent Lycanthropy

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

The Pretty Prince of Parties

Optional Permanent Lycanthropy

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:28 am

As it stands, playing a werewolf really just amounts to turning once, being ganged up on, then being all but force-fed wolvesbane. For individuals that want (for whatever reason, it's pretty mechanically 'meh') their lycanthrope RP to be more long lasting/more meaningful than turning once at an inopportune moment, I suggest a variant of the disease be added that can be granted by DMs upon request and can only be cured in a similar fashion, i.e., by DM intervention.

These perma-werewolves would infect other players with regular lycanthropy (if that's even a thing; I've only ever been turned by NPC werewolves), and would otherwise function regularly. They're just stuck with a 100% optionally incurable variant of the disease, sort of similar to how it played out when lycanthropy was first added.