Sell Filter for Scroll Cases

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Reikenbach

Sell Filter for Scroll Cases

Post by Reikenbach » Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:35 am

After having once again accidentally sold three million gold worth of scrolls for a fraction of their value, I'd like to propose some kind of customizable filter be added when selling scrolls.

As it stands, bulk sales already avoid removing certain types, including Raise Dead, Resurrection, and the various types of Restoration, not to mention Blank Scrolls and Writing Paper. But there's a lot of other scrolls that people want to keep, primarily crafting scrolls and high-value buff or combat scrolls.

A commonly proposed solution is keeping two separate scrollcases in your inventory, one for loot scrolls and one for "good" scrolls. Unfortunately, this doesn't work as well as one might expect. The auto-loot function doesn't consistently target the same container when deciding where to put items, meaning trying to keep tidy organization between multiple bags of the same type is hell.

There's also the issue that selling from bags doesn't consistently target the same container. Normally it will choose the bag to last enter your inventory, but if you're logging in after a reset or have freshly transitioned to a new server, it seems like a crap shoot which one will be selected.

As a lesser note, having to keep multiple scrollcases is also a burden on inventory space when they can each theoretically hold an infinite number scrolls. Some kind of sales blacklist would be great not just for convenience, but also to lessen the impact of those incidents where scrolls are sold accidentally - such as when you happen to select the wrong conversation option.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Sell Filter for Scroll Cases

Post by Sincra » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:25 am

Scroll filters for selling is on my todo list.
I am also considering scroll intake filters to per case via a pre-emptive selection tool to select the desired case, ontop of the general filter.

Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.