Runic Dungeons: Ending punishment for playing in groups

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Choofed

Runic Dungeons: Ending punishment for playing in groups

Post by Choofed » Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:55 am

Hey there guys,

Context:

Currently as the game runs when someone does a runic dungeon, getting to a runic chest, they can acquire the loot inside it and they get a singular rune, regardless of party size. The entire party is then locked from runic content. This is intended behavior.

However this presents a problem. Many classes don't have means to overcome chests, gameplay design that is meant to be gotten around via teamwork. But that teamwork is in the same vein punished by less rewards for the person capable of lockpicking. Instead of spending their timer alone, and getting a reward for themself they must split it. They could go on a timer because someone else got loot.

Proposal 1

Redesign the Runic chests so that they operate via script and do not operate as traditional chests. Make it bring up a UI.

Everyone who dips their hand in gets a roll on runic rewards. After they get one, they individually go on timer.

Unlocking them could still require a lockpicking check, trap check, and bashing it a contest of survival smacking it. We have many of these systems already supported in quarters and likes. I imagine our devs could find more elegant options as well.

Proposal 2

Add more runic chests at the end of runic dungeons, but make sure one person can't open more than one without immediately starting a timer.

This would mess with some existing dungeons with double chests and how they currently operate and I imagine it would require implimenting a new 'extra loot' chest and a few script changes.

But the DMs, Devs & so on could adequately reward in runic quantity based on the intended difficulty of the dungeon.

Closing statement

I want to do group play. I am fine doing solo play, but I want to play with my friends and cool characters and have character interactions. I'm sure many others do.

Too long has it been that you run into a writworker while out on a runic and you know that instead of making an unlikely adventure with a new friend it's optimal for you to go find another dungeon.

Let this be no longer. Let us group up, make friends and unlikely or fragile alliances. Let the rewards be equal in runes if you play as a group or you don't. Stop punishing group play.