Lease Time/Occupation Requirements & Readouts

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

perseid

Lease Time/Occupation Requirements & Readouts

Post by perseid » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:08 am

Arelith has a problem with paperweight characters locking down leases. PCs that either aren't actually present or which are mainly present to refresh their leases before switching to an alt. This problem affects individual leases (like quarters and ships) but also guildhouses which seem to see less regulation presumably because a guild of characters who are mainly playing alts looks active if everyone logs in briefly to do some token rp for the chatlogs. I'm aware of the common advice being to report this kind of thing and the dms will look into it but I don't think this system is actually effective enough as a solution to warrant the effort of reporting for most players. I would propose an automated system instead that tracks how long a player spends ig and on which characters. Accompanied by requirements that a leaseholding character spend at least four hours a week in game and that 30-50% of the player's total playtime per week on the server be on their leaseholding character. If the character owns a guildhouse then failure to meet the requirements should result in the Guildhouse going up for auction publicly rather than defaulting to an interior lease as the Guildhouse inheritance exceptions are a major source of the current problem.

Alongside this, I feel that every Guildhouse lease sign should display a readout showing the total number of interior leases and the number of unoccupied interior leases. This part of the proposal is to remedy the parallel issue that even if we assume the current policing around leases is effective, the actual information available to pcs of if a guildhouse is meeting its obligations is largely concealed unless a player makes an active effort to regularly quarterbreak a property to evaluate if it's being maintained in accordance with the rules. This lack of clarity presents a massive hurdle for players who want to make a difference by reporting problematic Guildhouses but who lack the ic resources to help evaluate an ooc problem.