A Wiz Feature/Feat For Consumable Casting

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

perseid

A Wiz Feature/Feat For Consumable Casting

Post by perseid » Mon Oct 02, 2023 9:52 am

So I don't know what the ideal way to implement this would be. But the gist is that I think an interesting addition for expanding Wizard combat options without risking impact to the balance of other classes would a feat/feature that makes it such that, when a Wizard activates a disposable (Potion/Wand/Scroll) to cast a Wizard class spell the spell applies the character's actual CL to the spell for the purposes of overcoming spell resistance (but not for any other elements of the spell like scaling effects, duration, etc.). As a class feature I think maybe around Wiz 20 would be sort of appropriate (or alternatively something scaling like at 8/16/24 a wizard unlocks the feature for a specific item type between pots/wands/scrolls) while as a feat I imagine it as a Wizard exclusive feat that can be taken either with a General feat or with one of their Wizard bonus feats.