Increase Colossal Armament Crit, or make a craftable anchor that's really good

Completed suggestions should be posted here. Note that replies from other forum members are disallowed in this subforum.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

A MAN DRUNK ON POWER

Increase Colossal Armament Crit, or make a craftable anchor that's really good

Post by A MAN DRUNK ON POWER » Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:31 pm

I crave anchor weaponry.

Please make the crits x3 or 19-20/x2 so that they're useful as a weapon, the only anchor in the module is basically a joke compared to named weapons but I'm going to use it anyway because it's a gorgeous testament to man's folly, and I crave usable crits pls.

No but honestly if you make it x3 crits and leave the anchor in the module as-is which is basically impossible to enchant other than a hard 5%, with only +1 enhancement and keen on it to start, it seems like a reasonable weapon choice if one wants to embrace such a meme. Alternatively a craftable anchor that's really good but stuck with the 20/x2 crits might be possible, but to make it usable at all it would have to have substantially good enchantments - like, +4 enhancement, keen, bonus damage of multiple physical types, massive crits, and runic. Because otherwise, that 3d6 base damage does not make up for being a 20/x2 weapon even a little bit, it's still basically unusable if you want to be anything other than horribly gimped.

EDIT: Here's a damage breakdown for the named colossal hammer on a 42 STR WM without overwhelming crit, compared to the hypothetical 5%'d, runed, essenced, x3 crits anchor (AKA the anchor being made x3 crits like I was suggesting).

hammer:

2d8 base
+4 enhancement
+1d10 cold
+1d6 temp essence
+6 weapon spec and epic weapon spec
+24 from 1.5x STR

anchor, modified to have x3 crits:

3d6 base
+1 enhancement (but we'll count it as +4, with bless weapon scrolls, because let's be honest, that's what I'm going to do)
+1d4 5%'d
+1d4 runic
+4 essence
+1d6 temp essence
+6 weapon spec and epic weapon spec
+24 from 1.5x STR

So it slightly outpaces the hammer, but not by much, and it gets SUBSTANTIALLY messed up by defensive essences because it's got 3 different elemental damages that are all lower than 5 (and a 4th elemental that's 1d6) on non-crits. Anything with elemental immunity or resistances will substantially screw with the anchor's damage output.

And you also, y'know, have to farm a lot of the anchors to hard 5% them. Which I did, but most people won't, because even with this change it wouldn't be meta for half giants, it would just be *somewhat comparable*, to the hammer.

TL;DR - simply giving it x3 crits wouldn't break anything but it would actually make a fun meme weapon possible to use. Please consider this.