1 Day Shops

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Quidix
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

1 Day Shops

Post by Quidix » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:31 pm

As many of us are aware, there is a substantial shortage of 7 day shops. I'm aware there are some 1 hour shops, which are great for RP, and I've used myself on many occasions. However, that is not always a good option and many people want to participate in commerce without standing still waiting for customers. The current just creates a huge disparity between those that get a 7 day shop, and those that don't.

Suggestion: Introduce a number of 1-2 day shops in an area. Ideally make it such that these shops cannot be used more than once in a single 1 week period for a given character - this ensures 1) there's a constant fresh stream of new goods, which will encourage more sales of small gathering items and various adventurer finds, and 2) provides a selling point for everyone that can't get a 7 day shop.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: 1 Day Shops

Post by Irongron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:21 pm

I think if we have too many different types of shops on different timers, then players may get confused as to which is which. They already do, in fact.

Rejected.