Assassin and Blackguard Spells

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

fading

Assassin and Blackguard Spells

Post by fading » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:04 am

Now that we have access to Haks, I'd say it's quite possible to add the associated spells of these two classes, seeing as both have their own spellbooks in PnP. There's not much else to say, I believe it would add extra depth to the classes and more potential for RP.

I figured I should leave the actual spells to the developers but I'll give an example either way, based on the 3.5 spellbooks for both classes.

Blackguard (Wis-Based).
1st level: (Inflict Light Wounds), Cure Light Wounds, Scare, Doom, Magic Weapon, Summon Creature I. [Divine Favor, Protection from Alignment.]
2nd level: (Inflict Moderate Wounds), Cure Moderate Wounds, Darkness, Eagle's Splendor, (Bull's Strength), Summon Creature II. [Resist Elements.]
3rd level: (Inflict Serious Wounds), Cure Serious Wounds, Protection from Elements, Summon Creature III, (Contagion). [Greater Magic Weapon.]
4th level. (Inflict Critical Wounds), Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Poison, Summon Creature IV. [Fear.]

Assassin (Int-Based).
1st level: Sleep, True Strike. [Camouflage.]
2nd level: Cat's Grace, (Darkness), Fox's Cunning, (Invisibility).
3rd level: Magic Circle Against Good. [Neutralize Poison.]
4th level: Clairaudience/clairvoyance, Freedom of Movement, Poison, (Improved Invisibility). [Polymorph Self.]

Those are the spells that are in NwN's script. The spells in parentheses are already integrated in some way in the game, as feats. Of course, this is just a template, the developers are free to put whichever spells they see fit.
Brackets are thematic spells that I thought of.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Assassin and Blackguard Spells

Post by Irongron » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:58 pm

We cannot currently make new spellbooks, even with HAKS

Unfortunate, but Rejected.