Gift holy/unholy, Rangers, Druids and Toril.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Montaugh

Gift holy/unholy, Rangers, Druids and Toril.

Post by Montaugh » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:51 am

When choosing the gift of holy/unholy on a ranger or a Druid.. that character will not be able to selected Toril as a god. ((technically not a bug but I thought about putting this in the bug forums, it is more of a suggestion though))

I now understand that the gift basically makes you a cleric in terms of deity selection(via mordy), and that Toril isn't allowed for clerics(which I knew). I would ask for an exception to this rule if you have the gift of holy/unholy and are a Ranger or Druid so that they can consecrate alters to Toril(whom can otherwise not have alters consecrated).

I would keep the no clerics of Toril though as toril isn't technically a god, but having alters would still be nice. :)

If you wish to keep it the way it is, I would suggest adding a note to the gift of holy/unholy that it will not work with Toril and you will not be able to select Toril as a diety for nature based characters if you select the gift of holy/unholy on a nature character.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Gift holy/unholy, Rangers, Druids and Toril.

Post by Mithreas » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:44 am

Counter suggestion: hard code an altar to Toril in the Grove. Probably shaped like a standing stone.

Quicker, easier, and less thematically troubling.
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.