Epic Foci / Deity Domain / yet another Druid Suggestion

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

RedGiant

Epic Foci / Deity Domain / yet another Druid Suggestion

Post by RedGiant » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:19 am

I've always thought it a little unfair that the third epic casting class (ie. Druid) is more or less restricted under our current rules from two of the more suitable epic foci; divination and enchantment.

The questionable seer who resides in a forbidding wilderness is a fantasy staple. Similarly, druids are well-known for making powerful artifacts out of natural materials. Either of these foci could work wonderfully with the class.

The mechanics of the problem are well known. A third level arcane spell is required to actually make the epic foci divination work. Similarly, a magic deity is required for epic enchantment to be truly viable, and there are currently no deities of natural magic.

So, in short, I humbly suggest the following, or any similar remedy.

1) Remove clairaudience/clairvoyance as a requirement for scrying. I got it that the name makes sense, but its nwn function is lacking. OR...if you absolutely have to have a spell requirement... which is admittedly cool...how about adding premonition? Its divination, and its about the only such spell druids can cast. OR...as a low-tech solution, have existing druid merchants sell a divination 1 use/day item, usable only by druid, to meet the requirement

2) Add magic aspect to one or two nature dieties, so that we can have makers of natural wonders. I think this would be a great RP tool, and we'd see far less druids wearing adamantine chain shirts! Win-win! Might I humbly suggest Kossuth or simply Toril? Or even add nature aspect to Sehaninne?
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.