Guildhousing outside of the Sharps / Devil's Table

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rooshi49

Guildhousing outside of the Sharps / Devil's Table

Post by Rooshi49 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:01 pm

As far as I know there are only a handful of guild-houses in the UD that are outside of the Sharps and the Devil's Table. I feel like there is a significant design flaw with how this is current set up. Speaking in terms of pure hypotheticals, if one wished to act against the UD while simultaneously being apart the UD there really isn't much of a place to go to find guild-housing other than those two districts. And if one where to actually act against Andunor, they would most likely be exiled immediately from both of the districts.

This leads to the feeling that one is a rat caught in a trap when playing in Andunor and trying to think of ways to have conflict RP with anyone. Because as of right now (at least) it feels like history before WW1 where if one attacks anyone, one attacks everyone. Hence EXILED.

If one gets exiled . . where does one go? You can go to the hub, sure. But while you "CAN" that doesn't mean its a smart idea. I feel like in any situation where you're being hostile towards the UD, you're likely to get kill-bashed immediately upon entering with each person taking turns to circumvent the 24-hour rule. Regardless, its not a good idea. So you could go . . to the city port. No guildhousing there.

Treadstone locks? Nope, none to be found.
Outpost? Nah.
. . . So where does one go? To the surface?

I feel like the same argument can be made of the Surface as well. I feel like having guild-housing primarily located within a place that can be evicted is . .

Figure 1

It just leads to being apprehensive about speaking out against settlements and their leadership without an all to real fear of being evicted from your guildhouse and exiled from the settlement. Which, in my honest opinion is (refer Figure 1).
Conflict RP is great. When done right and not immediately going towards one-liner PVP killbashing, it can be one of the biggest drivers of interesting and wholesome RP. I feel like the mechanics of the server though limit that.

Thank you for taking your time to read this. And remember folks. Hypotheticals ;)

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Guildhousing outside of the Sharps / Devil's Table

Post by Irongron » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:02 pm

This was intentional, as before I remade the Underdark it had a tiny player base, that had been fragmented over the years due to (among other things) an excessive amount of settlements/guildhouses.

Nevertheless it is still the case that RPing toward something can achieve results, but with the area backlog right now I'm not going to shovel our limited resources towards any exclusive area, if at all avoidable. Rejected (For now).