Give Skaljard a mechanic for equalizing/fighting outsiders

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Wings of Peace

Give Skaljard a mechanic for equalizing/fighting outsiders

Post by Wings of Peace » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:09 am

I've seen a few high level characters chased out of Skaljard by npcs and the reason I understood was that this was because the goal is for Skaljard to be largely isolated to lowbie characters. Despite that, raiding Skaljard has been becoming increasingly common roleplay it seems like and without high level characters present there isn't any real action that lowbies can take to win in an invasion. It seems like if high level characters are going to be discouraged from staying on Skaljard then high level raiding characters should have a mechanic that makes attacking the island risky.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Give Skaljard a mechanic for equalizing/fighting outsiders

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:04 pm

A raid cannot happen on Skal's village without DM Oversight. If you are concerned about outright bullying regarding low levels (Which can happen anywhere, and Skal has more high level PCs about to help than given credit for IMO), then please file a report.
Please don't feed my sister.