Alchemy: Healing Kits +3

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rooshi49

Alchemy: Healing Kits +3

Post by Rooshi49 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:01 am

As of right now on the wiki it states that you can make 10 healing kits +3 with:
1 Alchemistic catalyst (Lesser)
3 Cloth (Large)

... But one can buy 10 healing kits +3 for 427 gold, while this recipe would be somewhere between 500 -1200 gold to make (depending on whether or not you make the lesser catalyst). Thus being extremely dis-incentivizing to use.

Can this recipe be looked at? Perhaps increasing the amount you make to 15-20 per creation. Eitherwise there's no reason to spend crafting points on something like this.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Alchemy: Healing Kits +3

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:28 pm

Yes, it does seem off. Either the lesser catalyst recipe needs to be looked at, or it should be replaced with something a little easier to obtain.

Approved.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Alchemy: Healing Kits +3

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:42 pm

After a little umming and erring, for now I've just doubled the amount of healing kits this recipe now makes (it's 20.) If I can come up with a good and fitting replacement for 'lesser catalist' in the future this may change again. But I don't see any harm in just doubling the amount, seems balenced still.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)