Badger Totem

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Noromical

Badger Totem

Post by Noromical » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:05 pm

The idea is a Badger totem form for Druids
Possible bonuses can include the following (I'll leave the hard numbers to the Dev Team)
DR; Badgers have 1/4 inch thick, rubbery hide that makes it hard to actually cut or Pierce into their organs and bloodstream
Poison Resistance; Badgers have displayed the ability to sleep off Puff Adder venom (which has proven to kill lions and other larger creatures).

In the natural world, Badgers are absolutely terrifying little creatures, that will steal prey from lions, snatch gerbils out of the mouths of snakes, then eat the snake, eat beehives whole (bees, honey, wax and larvae), and overall, they just don't care. Badgers are the epitome of the "Neutral Hungry" alignment. Even if you pick one up by the scruff of its neck, it's skin is loose enough that it can turn around and STILL maul whatever is holding it, usually taking an eye in the process for the sake of larger predators. Yes, a lion grabbing a badger will often result in the badger's death, but that Badger will continue fighting until either the Lion has run away, or the Badger itself is dead.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Badger Totem

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:13 pm

I really enjoyed reading this suggestion, it really shows enthusiasm for just how cool badgers really are.

Only problem is that these tiny monsters are generally approached as cute-little-cuddly-lovelies by many players, and I don't relish seeing players emoting stroking the tummy of their badger-shaped friend.

Rejected.