runic crafting

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

brunothenumerouno

runic crafting

Post by brunothenumerouno » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:04 pm

So, as a disclaimer, I am admittedly a bit aggravated as I write this and my suggestions may be tainted because I just spent 160 thousand coins on the wrong rune after some confusion over whether or not spell slots count toward the number of properties (I'm still being told they don't as I write this by long time players who seem certain, but the rune doesn't work all the same). But I also spent enough time cooling off where I think these suggestions are not just a rage rant.

Suggestion 1: make the information more readily available. This is my least favorite of the four suggestions I am going to make, because I think its cool to actually have stuff that is foig, but I also know that now that it has been out for a while its less foig and more fofybod (find out from your buddy on discord, coined it!). A complete list of what counts and what doesn't and what items are different from the rest. I will admit this could exist already, but I couldn't find it when looking a month or so ago.

Suggestion 2: Up the drop rate of clay by 100000%, This is the glue that holds runic crafting together, and is always in demand. As a result, it is the most expensive part when I personally feel like it should be the least. Finding the unique item that goes with what you want should be the hard part, but instead it plays like you have several items that can go into different runes and now you have to try and figure out what rune you want to make before you spend 150 + coins on clay.

Suggestion 3: Have the runic items dissolve over time (say a real life week), making people who spam the dungeons that spawn these (close nit groups and druids) sell them asap or risk loosing them all together. This is my favorite of my suggestions, and I think Adamantium needs the same treatment personally, but I don't know how hard it would be to script and may be unrealistic.

Suggestion 4: Have an NPC sell the items for x amount that you guys think is right, forcing players to sell them for less then that amount or not sell them at all. I'm not a huge fan of this one either, but at least it could ensure that the clay is not the most expensive thing when its needed for 66% of the runic items.

As a side note, I think all of this stuff is really cool, and I appreciate the work you guys put into it. I also realize that this all could be working exactly as you guys intended, in which case I guess I am just being silly. But you should know that if that's the case, it heavily favors non-inclusive groups and druids that can solo all the super dungeons.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: runic crafting

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:15 pm

I'm not going to approve or reject this, as I'm not personally running this project since its overhaul. Will wait for a more informed response from yellowcatseye