Death Penalty

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Lunargent

Death Penalty

Post by Lunargent » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:55 am

I think that the duration of this is a little excessive, not to mention it is very annoying, as a non-spontaneous caster, to lose most of your spell slots and have to re-slot them when the penalty is up. I am level 21 currently and have to wait 75 mins in order to be a real character again. That is a long time to not be able to go out and do things with friends, especially if you are a person who has limited time to play (from work, school, family, etc).

I understand why it exists. I appreciate it, even, for being a way to make death have an actual impact on your character.

An alternative I can see, if lessening the duration is not on the table, then I suggest that a respawning player have the option to choose either the hours of stat drain OR an appropriate amount of xp loss (in addition to the xp you lose already).

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Death Penalty

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:25 pm

I don't want to further rework death penalties at this stage.

Rejected.