Writs for only gold.

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Disciprine Come From Within

Writs for only gold.

Post by Disciprine Come From Within » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:55 am

One of the valuable thing about the writ system with wide open levels was more the opportunity that it was an easy way to create a task, gather a party to accomplish the task, and the task is rewarded. Less creativity to start the opportunities was needed because the writs provided the immersion. So I suggest that on top of the general 3 questing writs per day there are the opportunity for X amount of gold only quests that are similarly designed. This way you have both sections of RP in place. A system for similarly leveled adventurers to go off together for glory and experience and gold and another that exists as a reason to do a task and the small gold reward is just the encouragement to have someone take it and start a quest to encourage other people to come along.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Writs for only gold.

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:31 pm

Differently themed quests are already in the works, and as I said in another reply, this system is still in its development stage, so is likely to see many change over the next year or two.

I'm also not keen on having more of these per day, as I'd really prefer to see players use their own creativity most of the time, I'd worry that an infinite system would effectively change what Arelith is.

Rejected