Color Override for Skin

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Iceberg

Color Override for Skin

Post by Iceberg » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:27 am

Suggestion to add the "Skin" channel to options to override for Chest, Biceps, Forearms, Hands, Pelvis, Thighs, Shins, and Feet.

We already have Cloth 1 and 2, Leather 1 and 2, Metal 1 and 2 for these options.

I suggest this largely because there are a number of clothing models (especially female models) that could be made more fitting to a large range of characters by coloring the skin to match an 'undershirt,' instead of prominently featuring the dreaded Tit Window 3000. Basically, I'd like to be able to keep The Girls covered on some characters and I imagine other players would too.

This could also be used to add greater variety in the event that we ever have non-standard clothing models via .hak in the future.

Yes, there are some concerns with players recoloring their PC's skins using this system. By and large, that seems like a minor issue as bizarre skin colors can be done on character creation anyway. Leaving the Head model out of the override options could help mitigate the expansion of any silliness from unapproved skin hues.
Y'all need Lathander.

DM Axis

Re: Color Override for Skin

Post by DM Axis » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 am

Head model, body model (skinny/thicc), hair color, skin color changes are available with DM assistance.

Ping the DM Channel if you are looking to update your look.
"It is evil things we shall be fighting against, brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution."
- Minister Neville Chamberlain 1939
Discord Contact : DM Axis#2344