"Assassin's Guild" Changes/Fixes

We will file suggestions here that did not make the cut. Don't expect detailed responses, but the most common reasons are:
- implementing the suggestion is impractical, or too much work for the gain
- the suggestion is thematically against our design philosophy
- the suggestion is too detailed/low-level
Keep your suggestions broad and focused on RP benefits, please, not detailed suggestions of how to tweak X class.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

"Assassin's Guild" Changes/Fixes

Post by dominantdrowess » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:50 am

A recent experience with the assassin's guild (from the "targeted" side) makes me think that the actual effects of being "assassinated" should be changed.

I recommend that being "assassinated" have the following effects:
  • "Changes your Settlement to 'Assassinated', preventing you from voting or running for public office in your current settlement one IRL month until you regain your citizenship."
  • "Being assassinated (using the knife on the body) should destroy your corpse, preventing resurrection and preventing and discouraging 'soft' or 'friendly' assassinations with the above legal ramifications -- requiring you to raise via 'Rez Sickness portal' in the fugue."
These simple changes remove abuse from the assassination system and cause it to actually have it's desired effect if the bounty is not paid off. Mechanically, it may also be interesting if the assassin, performing the ritual ... then immediately has the gold total put upon their person, rather than into their bank-account: So the assassin who killed their target also has to -escape- to deposit the money; and killing or stopping the assassin can potentially give a reward to bistanders.

Edit: I am told that the assassin may, already "instantly" receive the gold in their inventory~

Edit: Someone recently told me: "Getting a functional council in the table is already hard enough without booting someone from the system for a full month. It just adds a logistical hurdle to a series of logistical hurdles." ... which I am inclined to agree with.

Suspected Bug report: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=20739