Player Mentors

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Gods_Kill_People

Player Mentors

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:33 pm

On Narfell, another server that doesnt use hacks, they have a Program called Player Mentors, its a team of players chosen for their knowledge of the server and basic structure of the game that get a specific wand item that does a shout that the player is a Player Mentor, and they can be PM'd questions that players might have in the event that a DM isnt available, Questions like, Do I need a PrC token for Palemaster, I cant find my way to Sibayad, or im stuck and can't get out.
it would be something that I think could be of great benefit to the DM team to take off some of the weight especially with so many new players that are asking basic questions that 90% of the older players could answer for them.
Players could apply just like you are with DM applications and sort them by knowledge of the server and resources they understand.
Again, there's no actual power that can be abused, its literally a shout like the DM's get that appears in the battle side bracket and really, it would help a lot and is fairly easy to monitor as you would have constant knowledge of who you would trust as Mentors.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Player Mentors

Post by yellowcateyes » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:52 am

https://discord.gg/s5wJYFP

The Arelith discord has a number of mentoring / topical channels, where players knowledgeable about the server are color-tagged according to their specialty. There is also a lore channel, for players who wish to discuss the gameworld's setting.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.