Vampire Blood Metre

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Dr_Hazard89

Vampire Blood Metre

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:39 am

Suggestion to drain half as quickly as it currently does.

Edit: Thanks for explaining that in detail. Knowing the details has changed my thinking, and I withdraw my suggestion.
Good information to keep posted, in case anyone searches vampire blood metre.
Last edited by Dr_Hazard89 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Vampire Blood Metre

Post by Liareth » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:07 am

Not a current dev, but I implemented vampires, so maybe I can explain a bit a bout the drainage.

- The blood meter spans -100% to 100%.
- Vampire bonuses scale from 0% to 100%, and the bonuses are more or less linearly inverted from 0% to -100%.
- The base rate of loss is 1% per RPR tick; before death occurs, a vampire can survive 150 RPR ticks, or 900 minutes, or 15 hours.
- Above 50% the blood loss is further increased by the following formula: ((curBlood - 50.0) / 50.0) * 4.0.
- That means that at 100%, the blood loss is 5% per tick. At 50%, the blood loss stabilises at 1% per tick downwards.

It's also worth noting that vampires can craft blood vials, which increase their blood meter by 100%. That is, drinking one of these vials will buy you 7.5 hours of time, or a little bit less depending on whether the drink would spike you over 50% or not. You can also feed from a thrall, and this provides a 25% boost in blood. You can do this up to four times per thrall per IG day (it might be IRL day, I can't remember) - this means that you can gain 7.5 hours worth of blood every 144 minutes, or 2.4 hours.

Personally, I don't see the need to make it slower. I think it's already exceedingly generous. By design, vampires aren't meant to linger at 100%. They should be between -25% and 25% during most RP, with their bonuses only kicking in completely when they are feeding (e.g. killing things).