New "clay/template" for Greater Runes.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Orian_666

New "clay/template" for Greater Runes.

Post by Orian_666 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:02 pm

So since the removal of the requirement for a template from lesser runes i've been mulling over a lot of possible enchantments (I play an enchanter) that aren't exactly "end game" gear but are still pretty good, and definitely affordable now because of it.

It occurred to me that the same issue with the lesser ones with requiring a template is also true for the greater runes, it's simply not worth the investment at the current market price and rarity of them. However at the same time removing the need for it would also be too much because some pretty decent end game combinations can be made by using greater runes (obviously not nearly as good as the masterwork ones though)

So my suggestion is simple, add a new craftable template. One that requires a rare but not as rare as Euclian Clay type item, this item would be found in regular chests and then combined with magical blood by an alchemist, much like the current template, but would be more affordable and just less rare than the current clay.

I feel this would open up opportunities for crafters and enchanters to really explore and experiment with the rune system and we'd see a load of new combinations and kinds of items being added into the game by players.

P.S. I'd also like to see the lesser rune stuff be added to the regular loot matrix and taken out of the "artefact chest" loot matrix. Right now, even with the best item you can make from one, it's nothing compared to proper end game gear so is it really worth being farmed in end game dungeons?