Castle Gloom - Access/NPCs/Hostile spawns

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Imperatrix

Castle Gloom - Access/NPCs/Hostile spawns

Post by Imperatrix » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Castle Gloom has common issues with access due to its NPCs.

Firstly, if one of the access NPCs dies, there is no way to access the castle until a reset - even if the NPC is raised it no longer has a conversation. This happens fairly often, either due to hostile spawns in the swamp or occasionally due to "evil" characters deciding to kill one.

Secondly, hostile spawns can spawn inside the castle grounds, and even on the battlements. This is rather silly and doesn't make much sense, as well as can result in NPCs dying or bugging out. For example, if the inner gate guard is drawn away from the inner gate, his conversation no longer opens the inner gate, but opens the outer gate instead.

This image shows the inner gate guard in a position where he no longer opens the inner gate, but opens the outer gate instead:
https://i.imgur.com/cv89feF.png

My suggestions:
-> Prevent hostile spawns from spawning inside the castle area.
-> Ideally I would like access de-linked from having to use an NPC entirely, but I don't know if this is possible. Alternatively, NPCs should be immortal to prevent these issues, and should be forced to return to their spawning location if they are led away.

Thanks for reading.