Friendly Ship Boarding and Ship to Ship Communication

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rockstar1984

Friendly Ship Boarding and Ship to Ship Communication

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:05 pm

There is currently no way to board another ship in a friendly manner when you encounter each other at sea. But if say I'm sailing the Timberfleet and I see the Flagship and want to greet them and perhaps share information with them the only way I can get our crews to have a friendly chat is to fire a grappling cannon and board them. So I can't really do that because rp wise fire a grappling hook and ensnaring their ship is a hostile action regardless of the motivation for it.

So I propose that there be an additional option that uses rowboats instead of grappling hooks. When you encounter a ship have another dialogue option to request permission to board, which then prompts a message from the other ship's navigator and you can say yes or no to the request, and then you can board but rp-wise you are using a rowboat instead of a rope or boarding ladder. Then you can have a friendly chat between allied sailors. This would also be great for ships without grappling hooks.

Another thing that could be useful is having a communication thing where you can shout out to another ship. Have shouted text carry from your ship's area to the other ship's area or perhaps you can order the boatswains to shout messages to each other and the other boatswain will repeat what you say on the other ship. Not only could this be used for shouting words back and forth, but it could also be used to emote and describe what your ship looks like, what the crew is doing, or how you are approaching the other ship in combat which would greatly add to ship rp.

Oh the year was 1778...

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Friendly Ship Boarding and Ship to Ship Communication

Post by ActionReplay » Sun May 20, 2018 8:34 am

These are great suggestions. I agree being able to send over a friendly skiff for communication should be an option if the other ship permits it.