Changes To Powers For Ships to Make Sailing Easier to Manage

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rockstar1984

Changes To Powers For Ships to Make Sailing Easier to Manage

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sun May 13, 2018 6:50 pm

So for a while now I've been thinking that the way the keyless entry and the keys function for ships is rather annoying. And today there was a mishap where, on my pirate alt, I sailed with a couple other pirates. We boarded a merchant ship and the other two ended up getting killed while my character survived, only to find that I couldn't board the Warship because I wasn't the one who paid the gold to rent it. And thus I was stuck with two corpses on a ship, and had killed the NPCs so i couldn't just die off of it.

So I have a few suggestions to make ships and their crews work a bit smoother, both for ownable and rentable ones.

The more urgent suggestion I think is to make it so that at least for rentable ships, anyone who is in the party of the owner can board ships on their own and have the power to captain the ship. This makes it so that if the actual holder of the lease dies then others in the party can still use the ship so people aren't just stuck.

Another change I'd like to see is for the Create Key/Keyless Entry and the keys themselves not grant the Captain power as well. With how things work right now anyone holding a key to a ship can not only board on their own, but they can also command the ship. There's no intermediate option that allows people to board on their own but not have the power to command the navigators as well. Having an in-between power would be extremely useful and make running a ship based faction much easier to manage.

Oh the year was 1778...

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Changes To Powers For Ships to Make Sailing Easier to Manage

Post by ActionReplay » Sun May 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I think having a faction sort of allows this already. One can give certain ship powers there.

As for your first suggestion that would work but, I'll have to look into it after next UD update.