Arelith Lore and Wiki

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Flayeriv

Arelith Lore and Wiki

Post by Flayeriv » Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 pm

Hey hey!

So, I was wanting to learn a whole lot about Arelith, it's lore, the factions and so on, but I haven't found a handy resource for it. The wiki is pretty empty, the forums don't really seem to have faction or RP related material.

So in lieu of suggesting somebody else write it, I'm willing to put the legwork into knocking something up. However not actually knowing the lore is a bit of a hurdle there so does anyone have somewhere for me to start? I can easily fill out the generic D&D lore into the wiki, it's the Arelith specific lore I'd have difficulty with.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Arelith Lore and Wiki

Post by ActionReplay » Sat May 05, 2018 9:35 am

Flayeriv wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 9:38 pm
Hey hey!

So, I was wanting to learn a whole lot about Arelith, it's lore, the factions and so on, but I haven't found a handy resource for it. The wiki is pretty empty, the forums don't really seem to have faction or RP related material.

So in lieu of suggesting somebody else write it, I'm willing to put the legwork into knocking something up. However not actually knowing the lore is a bit of a hurdle there so does anyone have somewhere for me to start? I can easily fill out the generic D&D lore into the wiki, it's the Arelith specific lore I'd have difficulty with.
Encyclopedia Arelithica is a large database of in-character information about many aspects of Arelith, specifically the non-player characters and player characters, guilds, items, historic events and locations. There is also a bestiary which lists a number of the beasts that can be found around the island.

http://arelith.com/ea/index.php/Encyclopedia_Arelithica

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Arelith Lore and Wiki

Post by Mithreas » Sat May 05, 2018 11:37 am

Please do add to the EA if you have more info for it! We did a massive effort to get historical lore into it about a year and change ago, and managed to get about half of the work done... I still have a pile of message spreadsheets to work through. But modern stuff will only get added if people add it, so do feel encouraged to be the change you wish to see in the world :)

There is a Discord for the EA as well, if you have questions about it. You should be able to log in with your forum credentials. This invite link should work, I think: https://discord.gg/BhbASPg
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.