Totem Druid Changes: Spider/Snake

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

McPunchins

Totem Druid Changes: Spider/Snake

Post by McPunchins » Thu May 03, 2018 10:50 am

Why do spider and snake get poison immunity? druids already get that at level 9 and no totem druid is only going to take 8 levels of druid ever so this is just redundant and kinda gimps the two compared to totems like Bear who get +4 str/con... I think it would make spider and snake more interesting and more viable choices if the following was done:

Spider instead of poison immunity, since druids already get that, has webs as a CD ability allowing them to spin webs around their enemies, not only is this appropriate to the animal but it's also a unique thing that makes them viable

Snake instead of poison immunity could have a venomous attack, make them have a poison effect on their attacks making them viable against low fortitude enemies, it doesn't need to be something insane like con 1d6 or something but like a 1d2 of something or even a random stat on hit drain with a moderate DC would be great for making them viable and interesting.

I feel like literally every totem druid I see is bear simply because bear has insane stats and it'd be nice to see some variety especially with the use of snake, I don't think I've seen a snake yet and the only spider players I've seen are doing it because drow.

Active

Grofbog -- Duergar Smith

Retired

Evelyn Windlily -- Hin Tinker
Lyri Rofik -- Paladin of Arvoreen
Sledge -- Thane of the Anvilsworn
Vespertine -- Mute Hin
Reivja -- Uthgardt Shaman

Discord: @McPunchins