Improving Monster Respawn Rate

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

TheShadowdove

Improving Monster Respawn Rate

Post by TheShadowdove » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46 pm

Dear Super Awesome Arelith Crew,

I'm aware that you are all busy folks, as is normal during changes such as the ones we've experienced lately and that you are all so capable, thus your skills are often needed.

However, after joining the server with a group of close friends and making many wonderful friends while roleplaying, the one thing that continues to hold up our fun is the monster respawn rate.

I'm sure there is a method to this already. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be consistent.

On a daily basis we will take up with a group of others after some roleplay, ready to partake in a wonderful Adventurer, only to find that the dungeon is completely empty. Sometimes we'll be informed by those who vanquished our shared foes that it was completed nearly half an hour real time prior.

Surely half an hour is plenty of time, or so one would assume. Yet we wait for varied intervals of time before entering, usually venturing elsewhere or roleplaying outside for anywhere from ten to thirty or more minutes. After waiting for so long often, usually even, it is still empty. So we wait again, only to find no foes. At this point we usually go find monsters elsewhere.

The odd time that our wait is not so long is wonderful. After ten minutes or so SOMETIMES there are a number of foes who have respawned.

We continue our roleplay and adventuring unimpeded. Our sense of accomplishment is not dulled by mere game mechanics, and we create a stronger and longer lasting in character bond than had we struggled against respawns for an hour.

I'm not saying that anyone is at fault and respect the way that balance and game continuity is managed. However, in the decade plus many of us have played Neverwinter nights, it should be said that we have experienced no detriment to our roleplay on servers which have had a slightly faster respawn rate.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

-Dove