Additional Non-combat Quests

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Maladus

Additional Non-combat Quests

Post by Maladus » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:35 am

I’ve been playing a character the last couple weeks that has no chance of being able to do some of the contracts on his own (at least not very efficiently) whereas some other builds are made to be able to solo very well. I’m not complaining about my class, I knew what I was getting into when I signed up, but I have had a hard time finding groups to do contracts with. Specifically I’m referring to contracts after Cordor, partially because these areas are not as populated as Cordor and partially because I haven’t sat down outside the Nomad with an enchanted item sitting at my feet advertising that I’m looking for more to help me with contracts.

So it was with great joy that I found a contract that would let me patrol a few areas to complete the contract...only to have my dreams of getting a decent amount of adventure XP come crashing down when I turned it in and realized I could not repeat it (I’m going to check tomorrow just to be sure).

I have no idea what the team has planned with regards to expanding this system, but what I am proposing is that there be more non-combat focused contracts (repeatable) added to the agents. If we take queues from the MMO space, there are three types of non-combat quests that come to mind:

Fetch Quests - Go to location A, pick up item B, return to the agent for sweet rewards
Delivery Quests - Everyone’s favorite noobie quest, only this time on a larger scale...the Arcane Tower needs this bundle of scrolls!
Gather Quests - Go to locations m A, gather resource A, go to location B, gather resource B and return to the agent for sweet rewards.

Add into that the already useful patrol quests and we start to have a fair selection of quests that one can complete on their own without having to kill anyone (also works really well for those pacifists out there). Now, as with the patrol quests, I suggest that the rewards for these be lower than what can be gained by completing the more dangerous contracts. The idea is to make these an alternative to the other ones whereby the quests that are the most rewarding still require a solid group going out to a dungeon on an adventure, but there are still options for times when that isn’t really possible.