What if..?

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Aren

What if..?

Post by Aren » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:32 am

What if: Stoneskin, Greater Stoneskin and Premonition also added discipline. I was thinking 1 per caster-level? If that is way too overtuned, then I am open to other suggestions.

What? HOW DOES THAT EVEN MAKE SENSE?

Hear me out. I wouldn't interpret the discipline as Stoneskin suddenly giving someone martial training to withstand blows or knockdowns - but thematically it would make sense that someone whose skin was as hard and heavy as stone, would be harder to knockdown. Premonition? Well someone who could see glimpses into the future, should also be able to "dodge/avoid" an incoming knockdown.

Why would I even suggest this you ask?

Even though this is a roleplaying server, casters are often pidgeonholed into bard-dipping to get the, yes I said it, essential discipline. You could argue that, "Yeah, well that's your choice, nobody is forcing you to do so.. You could play a caster without discipline ect..", and yes you would be correct. However, not having discipline makes you PVP-fodder and a fair amount of monsters have KD or some such. With the DR-line (Stoneskin, G.stoneskin and Premonition) adding discipline to the caster while they are up, you wouldn't "force" mages for example into the 26/4 build.

Disclaimer.

I am not a numbers guy and have no scripting-knowledge. I don't even know if this idea is possible.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry