Add Dragon Knight to the list of selectable 25-Druid feats

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

BegoneThoth

Add Dragon Knight to the list of selectable 25-Druid feats

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:36 am

At the moment, at 25 wisdom and 25 druid, you can pick an extra bonus feat from a FOIG source in game. The choices are

Dragon Shape

Greater Ruin

Hellball

My understanding/was told that the reason ruin and hellball are there, was to provide an alternative to dragon shape if that feat isn't wanted. Thing is, if you don't have evocation, and don't want dragon shape, you basically don't have an attractive choice here.

I request that Dragon Knight be added to the list of available feats, druids can get it anyway, early, and it would give those that don't want to turn into a dragon or take evocation focus (there are dozens of us!) another option, and the FOIG source seems to be pretty dragon themed, so it fits there as well.

As an aside;

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14966#p125360
Dunshine wrote:Dragonshapers don't get a relevel, mainly because the Dragonshape feat requirement can't be changed to 25 WIS. And we'd want relevelled Dragonshapers to still be Dragonshapers after the relevel. So the automated proces doesn't help here, since you would still need all the WIS feats to get it back.

So instead, there will be an ingame option soon-ish for all Druids to take a free epic feat, one of them being Dragonshape (the others Hellball, Greater Ruin, Dragonknight). So existing Dragonshapers can take a free epic feat there, and new builds can grab their Dragonshape feat there for free (WIS 25 required).

Ofcourse you still have the option to delevel a couple of levels if you want to exchange some of the WIS feats and grab Dragonshape ingame.
I feel the omission of Dragon Knight from the list of selectable feats was more of an oversight, and see no reason it should not be there.

I would also submit that a 'great wisdom' feat be added as well, so there's at least always some kind of thing to pick for everyone.
\