Kill Scripts Revisted

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

RedGiant

Kill Scripts Revisted

Post by RedGiant » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm

I've been mulling over the latest round of the UD vs. Surface posts and the general satisfaction that still exists over the frequent PvP events. As a long-time UD player, I still think the surface has a great advantage in these encounters due to the settlement kill scripts representing their military might.

So I was thinking, what if we partially put that power in the hands of the settlement leaders...like ALL settlement leaders? In a sort of compliment to the exile system, for a cost, settlement leaders could modify their settlements posture toward certain races.

To maintain integrity, I think settlements should always ban racial enemies (i.e. Brogdenstein should never allow Duergar, etc.). But, this idea would allow settlements like the Devil's Table to ban non-outcast humans, elves, etc. (once again at cost) if the RP situation dictates. This could also allow for interesting surface interactions as well, putting teeth to settlement decisions such as Cordor's old Dark Arts act (i.e. they could now ban Tieflings).

Leaving in the -disguise work around could maintain some dynamism in this regard, and the bans tied to settlement leadership decisions and maintenance, resetting when power changes hands or when they frankly can't afford the military to enforce them.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Lorkas

Re: Kill Scripts Revisted

Post by Lorkas » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:31 pm

I'm pretty sure kill scripts have been gone for years now. The warnings are still there, butt you don't ever die automatically. Some NPCs will be auto-hostile to you, though.