Leaving messages on someones door.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Orian_666

Leaving messages on someones door.

Post by Orian_666 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:42 am

This suggestion is being based on the fact, at least it's a fact so far as I've been told, that messages left on doors are removed upon a server reset.

This idea is simple, at least in theory.
Instead of having someones inventory take a note once they open the door, or having the note get lost on a reset, could the system be changed/updated so that when a note is left on someones door it instead gets added to a message board style object just inside the door/property that could resemble a letter box or something similar, then the owner can simply click on the letter box and read the note that was left there. The owner would have the power to remove notes they wish to keep or ones they wish to throw away, and when it gets sold to someone else the current messages all get deleted, board is refreshed.

If this is possible it'd be great to see, i'm sure hundreds of important messages get lost to the void due to resets, if it's true then I know i've had more than a few lost on me.

Thank you :)

EDIT: Thank you for the confirmation Titania, seems the rumors I'd heard were untrue which is a good thing.
I guess the main change of the suggestion is still a pretty convenient and nice feature, especially for folk that often walk around with full bags. I've heard people talk of how they open their doors only for the floor around them to suddenly get littered with notes.
Last edited by Orian_666 on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Leaving messages on someones door.

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 pm

FYI: Messages left on doors are not removed upon server reset.
Please don't feed my sister.