poisoned drinks to kill people

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rivace_Silver

poisoned drinks to kill people

Post by Rivace_Silver » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 pm

so what i ask is if your investigate score is high enough that you can examine and see those same information on other characters (unless they are disguised which would require break that first)[....]
you should only be able to get this information at a close range.

example with high investigate score:
Race: Sun Elf
Weapons: One blunt weapon
Class: Warrior.

or with low investigate
Race: uncertain
Weapons: uncertain
Class: uncertain
Okay .. i love this .. and the way disguise changes work, the feedback it gives, and what skills are checked to receive the information can all be customized..

Lets apply this to all drinks.. all wine/beer/water/etc. (maybe just wine or beer to start?)

It will work like this ..

all beers and wines and spirits bought from the bar will have a special tag on them like the disguise feedback for inspecting PC's ..

some possible attributes of a drink:
viscosity instead of Strength
color instead of dexterity
smell instead of charisma

Now heres the fun part... instead of Spot ... players check against investigation (which i think includes spot but idk)

the pass or fail of the check is never given in feedback .. (this is important for meta) (if you know normal drinks never fail the check and you are given a "failed check" feedback then you know its poison... )

for normal drinks freshly bought from the bar .. pass or fail of the investigation check all provides the same feedback ..

However .. if i hand a poisoned wine to a intended victim .. they need to pass that check to notice that the drink i handed them is different. this is how a pc will know they have been handed a drink that is not normal .. and could possibly be poisoned..

the clinch?

Abolish all DC's off poisons like nightshade... No more fort saves on those .. nightshade becomes instant death imbibing.. it is the players choice to imbibe it .. and it provides GREAT rp trying assassinate people via this method.. a potential assassin can REALLY get into it ..
earning trust ..
becoming a companion ..
buying a round of drinks at the table..
somehow secretly poisoning one of them ..
handing them out ..

Further RP ..

Russian roulette? and torture tactics...

On a (tailoring) Table ..
there are 6 glasses of wine ...
1 of them is poison ..
pick one or [insert blackmail or consequence here] (think about that one moment in heavy rain when the guy had to choose to cut off his finger...(shudders))

another potential would be the 50/50 game:
a potentially psychotic individual could kidnap people ..
present them with the option to drink one of two beverages ..
one poison one not ..
the mind game being that the psychopath will drink the other that is not chosen ...
the psychopath pushes one drink towards the victim ..
which one is poison?
do you call the bluff and choose the drink not pushed forward?
do you think its a double bluff and choose the one he put towards you?

What could be different?

Well .. wine, usually red or white yes? mixed with a green poison .. use the color wheel. color changes are easy, but what if the poison is clear?

so viscosity is important. how do you grade or rate viscosity? thin, slightly thick, thick like molasses. this could be fleshed out more.

Smells like: sweet, bitter, tart, etc.. this can be blended .. sweet with a hint of XYZ ..

Maybe a poisoned drink that is normally Red, Thin, Sweet with a hint of hickory. gets investigated to be Red, Thin, Sweet with a slight tart.

It then falls on the PC (ooc as well) to -KNOW- that this drink is supposed to normally be Sweet with a hint of hickory ...
if they dont catch it .. or maybe .. they intentionally ignore it? why would they do that? FOIG
and they drink it ...
and it happens to be nightshade..
they die.

Assassination complete.

this also allows players .. who want their character to be assassinated... to be assassinated instead of trying to imbibe 24 nightshade poisons as it is right now .. and never roll the 1 required to actually kill them ..

I think this is doable considering the changes made to disguise on PC's it should be using the same code currently being applied to PC's when they are inspected. just applied to drinks.
-That one time that Stath did that one thing and it was funny...

-We cannot all be the hero, some have to be the normal folk who make others heros..

- we are all the protagonist of our own stories.