Fix Darkness

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Dreams

Fix Darkness

Post by Dreams » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 pm

Cihparg wrote:Casting hostile spells through darkness will allow an enemy to find you immediately.
Having a familiar aggro something in distance will also drag the enemy to you.
Summons I believe will also aggro everything to you, assuming you are in darkness.
Apparently this is a feature. The suggestion is that this is no longer considered a feature, and is fixed.

Edit:
The problem is that the spell doesn't work. Some of that may be because of the changes that have happened to it on Arelith, which are not documented on the wiki. Recently our AI was upgraded. Maybe it is good enough to function with the original darkness spell? Here's a few suggestions,

- If the AI can handle responding to darkness, revert darkness to how it originally functions in NWN.
- If the AI can't handle it, put a cooldown on darkness so that it can still actually be used but not overused when leveling up.
Last edited by Dreams on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lorkas

Re: Fix Darkness

Post by Lorkas » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=567

In particular this part:
I'll be (brutally) honest... suggestions that are simply opinions, without even being based on knowing how the system works, are pretty much a waste of my time to read! This is especially true when you're commenting on something that's explicitly been changed on Arelith, where you're basically saying 'I think the devs got it wrong making this change'. That is not a constructive suggestion.