Archer/Crossbowman QoL Crafting Changes

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Baseili

Archer/Crossbowman QoL Crafting Changes

Post by Baseili » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm

I've been looking into making a new ranged character recently when I came across some oddities within the crafting system. For example, to make a bundle of Bronze Arrows/Bolts requires no less than level 12 (without craftsman gift):

6 levels to make Bronze (Forging DC 12).
1 level to make a Casting Mold (Art Crafting).
5 levels to make Arrow Shafts (Carpentry DC 10).

Whereas actually making said Bronze Arrows/Bolt bundles only requires a DC of 1 (Both bundles and Arrowheads). Therefore I would like to suggest the follow changes:

Copper and Tin Ingots - DC From 11 and 9 to 1.
Bronze Ingots - DC From 12 to 2.
Arrow Shafts (3 Softwood making 12 Arrow Shafts) - DC From 10 to 3.

This would allow people to craft Bronze Arrows/Bolts at level 3 rather than 12.

I'd also like to recommend that crafting Arrowheads to roughly match the DC of the ingots needed to forge them e.g.

Iron - From 11 DC to 8
Steel - DC 17 to 9
Silver - DC 21 to 13

While this makes no difference to those who use Forging as their crafting profession, it would save vital crafting skill points for Carpenters while keeping the respective bundles at their current DC's. (8 skill points may seem small, but it would allow Carpenters to craft Arrow/Bolt bundles and the Elder Dream spear. Something previously impossible without the craftsman gift.)

Edit: Alternatively WanderingPoet has suggested simply removing ingots from the Arrowhead creation process and using the respective ores instead. Effectively dropping the need to take Forging, makng Arrow/Bolt bundles a strictly Carpentry/Art Crafting affair.

Thank you