Ownership Tags

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Baron Saturday

Ownership Tags

Post by Baron Saturday » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 am

Inspired by this thread.

Rather than have the ownership tag in brackets at the end of the item/placable name, would it be possible to set and view ownership tags through the work bench crafting menu?

For instance: Player A creates a chair. They select the Set Ownership option and are prompted to input a name. The chair is for Player B and Player C, so they add both those names to the ownership list.

This could make managing who can and cannot alter an item/placable much, much simpler, and would also cut down on the awkwardness of seeing but having to ignore the ownership tags.

EDIT IN RESPONSE: To be clear, the point of the idea is to remove the use of awkward meta-tags at the end of item names. I am aware that faction names can be used in place of player names (though this isn't stated anywhere ingame, so far as I know, it's just one of those things you pick up), but this seems somewhat clunky and does require that the people be in the same faction.

I won't argue that this is super high-priority, and I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, I just think it could be a more aesthetically pleasing and streamlined way of handling ownership.
Last edited by Baron Saturday on Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

miesny_jez

Re: Ownership Tags

Post by miesny_jez » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:09 am

This is already implemented through the -Faction system as I am aware. Items tagged with the faction name in brackets [SOMEFACTION] should allow the correctly assinged personnel to modify their descriptions/names.

Yeah and I see that thread AND the suggestion for the [ANY] tag onto an item.