Magical / Runic Item Drop "Floor"

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

RedGiant

Magical / Runic Item Drop "Floor"

Post by RedGiant » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:00 am

Could we maybe consider a "floor" for dropped magical/runic items? I'm not even suggesting we greatly tinker with the percentages, but just eliminate the crap-tastic lower tier(s) that now exist. I swear if I get one more poop-brown cloak of spellcraft +1 that sells for 7 gold, I will have some sort of fit.

Bards do not write stories about the hero equipped with such an item. Bards write scathing pub tunes about the impaired wizard who spent his gold to create such a turd in the first place. This really takes away from the awe of finding a unique magic item.

I love the current system; I just think it needs this little tweak. Maybe make the "floor" a stat and a skill (or two) or some other half-way-decent combination of minor effects. In short, there should be at least a little "awe" in finding one of these rare items.

Heck, while were at it...and if this gets approved...maybe apply the same tweak to artefacts? There is little more depressing than finally finding an artefact...and it be a ring with no other property than: useable by Halfling.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.