Reset timer and auto reply at log in

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Seekeepeek

Reset timer and auto reply at log in

Post by Seekeepeek » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm

DM initiate reset (5 minutes before actual reset).
Player log in 4 minutes before reset
Player get an automatic message that a reset is coming at the moment they log in.
player don't loss his or her expensive gear.

Just lost a 50k item. yay! hence the suggestion

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Reset timer and auto reply at log in

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm

A message should pop on the screen once we trigger the actual reset, giving you sixty seconds to hit -save.

Even if you don't hit -save, the server generally saves what's on your person unless there is a crash. The only way you would lose a 50k item is if the server crashed before we triggered it or you randomly dropped the item on the ground to admire it in the remaining seconds before the server fades out.
Please don't feed my sister.

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:19 pm

DM Titania wrote:The only way you would lose a 50k item is if the server crashed before we triggered it or you randomly dropped the item on the ground to admire it in the remaining seconds before the server fades out.
The way I have experienced this is:
Hop online to craft > Put expensive item in crafting station > Server resets and saves my character without the item

A crash is actually better than a proper reset in this regard, because it reverts to the last time the character was saved, which would have been before I put the item in the crafting station. Worst case scenario there is that I lose my CP for the IG day, but get to keep the item and make progress on it later.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:17 pm

I think the server gets passworded at the 60 second mark, but it's possible to connect and sit on the character select screen for 5 minutes or whatever and log in 10 seconds before the reset. I guess the server should reject connections entirely below the 60 second mark.