-Disguise_Self: Bonus From Illusion and Countering Diviners

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Rockstar1984

-Disguise_Self: Bonus From Illusion and Countering Diviners

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 am

A command that requires GSF: Illusion. Gives a temporary +10 bonus to your disguise checks for an hour per level, and also allows you to pick an aura to disguise your character's actual aura. Piercing the disguise would reveal the aura. With this it should also be possible to hide any of the special auras that you may have, however you can't pick a different one for the disguise you can only pick one of the standard auras.

Something that I've seen some people complain about is that the diviners can render a disguise utterly useless and there is no defense that they have against it. The ESF divination function of scrying can be defended against, but the simplest function at the SF level can't be defended against. I believe that most players will tell you that no power should be absolute, and as it is now aura reading itself tears apart disguises in some cases. The Deck of Stars should probably be unable to be fooled, so that tool still remains useful. The bonus to disguises I think would just be a nice touch, since NWN doesn't have an equivalent to the PnP Disguise Self spell, however the main point of this suggestion is about hiding aura. It just makes sense that a trained illusionist would be able magically aid their disguise.

Disregard this if there is some FOIG way to conceal your aura that some players including myself have yet to discover. I also apologize for hinting at a bit of FOIG info in this post, but I had to mention some things in order to get the point across.

Oh the year was 1778...