Disguise update.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Orian_666

Disguise update.

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:27 am

Right, heres the suggestion.
Disguise is great, we all love it. It's a useful and fun feature with a lot of potential uses. What I suggest is improving upon it.

This is a pretty tall order but I think it'd really pay off. Give the ability to disguise as NPCs, as in really disguise as them. If I put in the command "-disguise Bandit Trickster" and I have enough bluff/perform then my character will gain the model of the bandit trickster, you could add an item called "Disguise Kit" or something like that that's crafted, medium difficulty to craft, and consumed when using this type of disguising.
On top of now looking like one of the Bandits that hang around on the coast near Cordor I could also move among them without them going hostile based on my skill and their spotting ability (similar to the wild animals and animal empathy update). Different factors would come into play here, for example a different race or gender would give a skill penalty, classes could also be a factor, among a myriad of other things.
It could also be used to disguise as certain (non-named) NPCs in settlements and some other locations. Like properly disguising as one of Cordors Elite Guards, or a logger in Guldorand, or one of the the guardsmen in the Hub in Andunor. This would hugely improve spy game-play and add a massive new factor into the game as a whole.
As for the numbers involved I think it's safe to assume only the best Disguisers could pose as a local guardsman or something similar and fit into a settlements background. But that's fine and as it should be, it simply makes extra options for RP for adventure groups, scouting, spying, infiltration, and so on.

This suggestion could definitely be expanded upon and would require a lot of tinkering before work could even begin, and then it'd likely be a very large job so if you guys like it I wouldn't expect to see it for some time. But I really do hope it's something you'll consider because I could really see this becoming a massive part of server RP if it was implemented.
Thank you for taking the time to read this :D

DM Always This Late

Re: Disguise update.

Post by DM Always This Late » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:07 am

Alternatively there is a store in a certain place that sells exact repilcas of certain NPC guard armours.

For all RP purposes someone with a high enough roll could probably use that to their advantage.

It is not quite in depth as your suggestion, but it is sort of the same
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.