Energy Tonic!!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Orian_666

Energy Tonic!!

Post by Orian_666 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:43 am

Right, so my suggestion is simple.
Add a new crafted item, or bought from certain vendors, called an energy tonic. Not sure what the ingredients could be but i'm sure there's more than enough plants, herbs, etc etc, that could be used for it, it wouldn't have to be overly complicated either.

Now, what would it do you likely ask!! Well that's simple; it'd give you a boost of energy, like one of those little 5 hour energy shot thingies. Drink one and instantly gain like 25% rest (maybe more, maybe less, up to you), but here's the kicker!! After say, maybe, 5 in game hours so on the fifth server "tick" you then lose an extra 45% rest (whatever the numbers may be the amount you lose should be more than the amount you gained) which would be your character "coming down" from the sudden buzz.

The reason for this? Well in the middle of a dungeon, low on rest but maybe it's a no rest zone, don't want to hit -10% right before a boss fight, out of coffee? Multiple reasons, it'll give you that little boost just as you need it. But more importantly it could be used by mages that have their rest too high, an alternative to getting shit faced drunk, to lower their rest. It's not an immediate lower so it can't be abused for constantly gaining your spell slots back, and you could set it so you can only drink 1 at a time (until the 5th tick and you lose the rest once more) so that it can't be stacked.

I think the 50% rest cap is pretty easy to manage as a spell slot class, it's not perfect and it is something to keep an eye on, but it's not something that would be considered difficult. But there are just time when it gets in the way, when it's an annoyance, and it ruins some potential fun. Having an option there to remedy that, even if it means waiting around for a while (most mages would just use it pre-empatively) would definitely open up a few options for spell slot users and make it not as much of a chore.