Magic God's Piety Gain Through Casting, Increase

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

NecropolisV

Magic God's Piety Gain Through Casting, Increase

Post by NecropolisV » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

I'm currently playing a cleric of a god that falls under the magic domain, and while +.1% piety is nice per cast, compared to say a war god with piety every kill, it's not as great, since while you will kill a substantial amount of creatures and rack up piety with a war god, a magic god's piety gain won't be as much piety to make a real difference. My suggestion is to increase the piety gain from casting from .1% to .1% per level of the spell, so a 3rd level spell would net .3% piety, a 9th level spell .9% piety for example. This won't be too much of a massive difference but would be quite nice, and not terribly unbalanced as healing doesn't net any piety gain at all, and spells of higher levels start draining piety (not entirely sure how much) and high level arcane spells require components. If the piety drain for high level cleric spells isn't higher than my suggested gain, perhaps max out the piety gain at .5% at 5th level spells, and make it so casting higher than such level spells nets no piety gain, this would balance out decently I'd think.