Weapon rebalance (pretty please!)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Lorkas

Weapon rebalance (pretty please!)

Post by Lorkas » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:12 pm

Scimitar/rapier: 19-20/x2 crits

Exotic weapons should be a bit stronger IMO than similar martial/simple weapons, since no build can wield them without taking a feat.

Kama: all good--it benefits from monk UBAB
Bastard sword: all good--it benefits from -twohand
Katana: all good--it's a small weapon dealing 1d10
Kukri: all good--it would be the only 18-20/x2 weapon left in the game if this suggestion were followed, and the extra little bit of crit threat range is more okay when a feat is spent on it
Shuriken: fine, I guess? It benefits from monk UBAB but is otherwise terrible. It would be cool if they had a chance to deal 1 STR damage or something but I don't know how codeable that is
Scythe: 2d8 damage, 3x crits (better average base damage than a greatsword/greataxe, but not an entire extra crit multiplier better. The feat spent to wield this would give you +2 average damage compared to a greataxe--slightly better than Weapon Specialization in damage-per-feat value)
Dwarven waraxe: make it benefit from -twohand, like a bastard sword (in the PHB, dwarven waraxes and bastard swords have precisely the same description, except with respect to dwarves)
Two-bladed sword/Double axe/Dire mace: make them 1d10/1d10 so that they're better than just wielding 2 of the single-sided weapons they're based on, and make it so that taking a weapon focus in each of them also grants the WF of the single-sided weapon as a bonus feat, so that they have the ability to switch to weapon and shield without penalty, giving them the same versatility as a single-sided weapon user (WF: two-bladed sword also grants WF: longsword, WF: double axe grants WF: battleaxe, and WF: dire mace also grants WF: mace).
Whip: I don't even know what to do with this one, as I've never seen someone using it seriously apart from as an RP tool.

Cortex

Re: Weapon rebalance (pretty please!)

Post by Cortex » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:27 pm

Noteworthy, I think there was a plan to make double weapon feats give you the feats to their 1h variant, once upon a time...

Though, other than that, they still get +2 AB and are a large weapon, compared to their 1h alternatives. (It doesn't make them a better option)
:)

Peppermint

Re: Weapon rebalance (pretty please!)

Post by Peppermint » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Cortex wrote:Noteworthy, I think there was a plan to make double weapon feats give you the feats to their 1h variant, once upon a time...
Quit mocking me. I'll do it. Someday.