Wilderness areas for the underdark

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

cornelius_4
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Wilderness areas for the underdark

Post by cornelius_4 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:28 am

So far I haven't been able to find any areas in the underdark that are considered wilderness. Although if wilderness is meant as "in nature", most areas down there, that are not in cities or otherwise filled with constructed habitats, should be the underdark version of being in nature.

When I eventually began a little surface exploration, the wilderness areas up there was clearly seen as my character sheet displayed the +2 attack bonus from nature sense and my move silently and hide skills were likewise buffed by +4 from Trackless Step. When in the underdark, those bonuses are not given for any area I have been in.

Unnecessary druidic bee nonsense
*A female dwarven druid walks into a bar and the bartender asks her "So whats your story" while wiping a glass of beer with a piece of cloth*
Dwarf: I always bee wantin ta bee a bee. You better beelieve it mr.
Bartender: That so honey?
Dwarf: I naye bee yer honey, but I may bee makin ye some if I beecome a bee.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Wilderness areas for the underdark

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:04 pm

Probably because most areas in the UD are considered Underground and Non-Artificial (Except cities). Because that's what it is.

While Nature Sense:
A "wilderness area" is defined to be an area that has been flagged as both a "natural" and "above ground" terrain type. This may or may not correspond to what appears to be wilderness.
So it fails because the UD is "below ground". Don't think its possible to change this through scripting as it is a feat, otherwise we could allow this for UD Druids. The other solution is to change all UD areas to "Above ground", lets not do that ;)