New Faction/settlement: Thayan Enclave

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

Kinsara

New Faction/settlement: Thayan Enclave

Post by Kinsara » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:18 pm

It's quite well known that the Thayans tend to establish Enclaves wherever they feel might be profitable, and by now, the Isles of Arelith have certainly drawn some attention to themselves, with many fortunes to be had. That being said, the Thayans will see a possibly open market for their goods and new trade deals. Yes the Thayans are a relatively evil faction, given they are generally cruel, but for the most part, their Guild focuses more on making money, than it does the politics of the capitol. As such, I would like to see a new settlement/faction arise, especially since we've lost Wharftown to that recent war, and I feel the Thayan Enclave would be an interesting addition to further the RP of the server. If at all possible, it would be interesting to see a new slave group arrive with the Thayans, as they are indeed a nation built on slavery. Furthermore, this might open the roads for mages who are less than caring about morals, but uncomfortable in an underdark. I also believe this might open the road for some of our Gnoll players to see more members to their packs, as the natives of Thay often include Gnolls, and many are hired as soldiers, guards, and even merchants. While I'm not 100% certain of the political differences between Amn (Cordor's funding faction on the mainland if I recall correctly), and Thay, I certainly believe that the Thayans would attempt to establish an Enclave on this frontier island, starting by sending a few Red Wizards to establish if the isles are indeed profitable. If those profits are returning strong, they would certainly begin construction of a proper trading post.