Making "-pray" a RP feature.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

flamingfist03
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Making "-pray" a RP feature.

Post by flamingfist03 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:02 pm

Dear DMs and Developers, I am a new player that has discovered the -pray console command.

The mechanics are "you have Piety, you type -pray, you get instant bonus and boost".

In my humble opinion in its current state this is not a RP feature at all, even drinking a potion or using scroll will require a separate action on chars side, which is not true for -pray.
Even clerics have to cast a spell before getting any in-game stats and boosts.

Normally to connect with your deity it would require attention of person praying to be put on his God and then requesting assistance and it is impossible if you are in midst of a battle, at least not without a severe penalty to AC and attack opportunity.
This would be also impossible if you are suffering from disabling effects that are affecting your ability to control your thoughts and speech(i.e stunn, flesh to stone etc).
Perhaps only exceptions could be clerics whom are in constant contact with their Patrons realm and sometimes even intention is enough to attract the power of their deity.

My suggestion is this - assign an action that will be preformed after typing a -pray, even half a turn is fine.

Thank you,
FF